Red Okra- Laal Bhindi Seed Open Pollination
Red Okra- Laal Bhindi Seed Open Pollination
What Will You Have In The Product?
Common names of Okra In India:
Lady finger (English)
Vendai ( Tamil)
Bendekayi ( Kannada)
Ventaykka ( Malayalam)
Asra-pattraka ( sanskrit)
Best time for sowing Red Okra/ Laal bhindi/ Red bhendi Seed:
For summer sowing: January-March
For monsoon sowing:June-August in plains
- Time of sowing of okra red vegetable seed may vary depends upon climate and temperature requirement for growing the okra vegetable in India.
Best Harvesting Time Of Red okra/ Laal bhendi/ Red bhendi:
- 60-65 days of sowing( you can expect general harvesting time of okra is 60-65 days after sowing.) when okra gets 2-4 inch fruit size.
pH range of soil required for growing red bhindi:
- 6.5- 7 is best suited pH range of soil required for growing red bhindi.
Optimum Temperature Requirement For Growing Bhendi In India For Terrace Garden:
- Before sowing bhendi seeds please check the minimum temperature should be 20°C. Bhendi is highly affected because of frost.
- If the temperature ranges between 24-27°C is best suited temperature for sowing bhendi plant seeds.
Sunlight Requirements For Germination of Red okra In India if directly sown to the soil:
- Okra grow well in warm climate so it needs sunlight in good amount. Minimum 5-6 hours of sunlight is compulsory for growing and good yielding.
Soil requirement for Red Okra for terrace gardening:
- Red Okra plant grow in soil having it's pH range between 6.5-7. If this range of pH soil is not available with you , so don't bother about it. Yes you can grow okra plant in a soil which is enriched with nutrients which one can make by adding compost to the soil.
- This will be a good growing media for growing red okra vegetable in terrace garden in India.
Pot size for growing Red Okra for terrace gardening:
- Optimum pot size for growing red okra in your terrace gardening is 10- 12 inches in depth and also in width.
- You can use any material like old plastic buckets, steel boxes or any plastic pots or concrete pots which sizes in 10 inches or more to grow red okra in your terrace gardening.
How to grow okra/ bhendi/ bhindi more faster.
Prior to sowing process of red okra/ red bhindi/ laal bhindi.
- First you should have good okra seeds which you can get online from seedandplant.com
- The take a medium sized bowl place a cotton cloth in that bowl.
- Wet the cloth by spraying water over it.
- Then place our good quality seeds of okra over the wet cotton cloth. Again place the cloth over the placed okra seeds.
- Note that there should be 3-4 pieces of covered cotton cloth over the seeds.
- Again wet properly the covered cotton cloth and remove the extra water stored in the bowl.
Sowing Process of Red desi bhindi/ Red Okra:
- When the seeds of okra get sprouts after 1 day or 2 day . Take out the seeds and prepare the soil in your pot to sow them. You can use small size pots or grow bag to make the sprouts in seedling.
- So to sow the sprouting okra seed soil used should be loose and well drained.
- Filled the soil upto 3/4 th of the seedling grow bag and spray water to the soil.
- Then place one sprouted okra seeds in each grow bag and cover the seeds with same soil prepared.
- Keep watering the sown seed regularly when the soil feels to be dry in touch.
Right Time For Transplantation Of Red Okra Plant:
- From 15 days now it is the right time for planting okra seedling.
- Pot size for planting okra plant should be atleast 10-13 inches in which only one okra planting process or bhindi planting can be done.
- If you have available post sizes is more than 10-12 inches 2-3 planting of okra seedling in pot can be done.While planting okra make sure to remove whole bhindi plant seedling with Its surrounding soil. Directly take out the soil with the seedling from the previous small sized pots or grow bag.
- Now fill the pot with well drained loose and rich soil in which you are planning to planting of okra plant. Only that amount of soil shoul be filled initially so that that seeding with attached soil can be placed properly in the transplanting pot.
- Water the soil properly So that it can be wet only but don't make soil soggy.
- Then place each okra seedings with the attached soil in each pot and provide soil near the roots and stem.
- Again provide water to the covered soil.And keep water on a regular basis though out its growing period.
- For good growth and yield provide organic compost like vermi compost should be used so that you can get the benefit of chemical free vegetable in your diet.
- Approximately 28 days of sowing when the plant starts bending because of it height and weight, provide a support with Wooden stick or small dried broken branches of other plants or trees of 2-3 feet or you can choose any thing which you have to provide support.
- Generally flowering of okra plant will takes place around 35-41 days.
- Harvesting of okra can be done once the fruit size become 3-4 inches or more or if you like to add baby okra of size 2-3 inches in your diet you can start harvesting from this stage also.
Fertilizing schedule for desi okra seeds in India.
- Use organic fertilizer for your okra plants after every 4 weeks.
- Precautions of okra plant for terrace gardening:
- Good amount of sunlight is necessary for growth and yield of red okra.
- Watering should be done to keep the soil moist.
- While watering avoid to wet leaves of okra plant for terrace gardening. Because of wet leaves fungal diseases attack.
- To control pest you can use organic pest for you bhendi plant.
Country of origin ?
What Is the Shipping Cost ?
Your products are shipped based on option selected at the time of Checkout.
1. India Post Shipping = ₹37/-
2. Private Courier Shipping =₹67/-